Thursday, May 20, 2010

Is it possible?

I can stay on the phone with one of my male friends for hours talking about chicks, dudes, work, science, art, TV, and the list goes on. I go out with them more than any females I hang with and feel comfortable saying just about anything to them. One of my homeboys and I were talking and I asked him if he felt like we would ever have sex. I mean basically can we be "just friends"? He said "look Jan your a good woman, you have most of the qualities any man would want and if I thought I had any chance I would do it. But I am fine with us being cool". That got me thinking, would I "do" him? NO! I mean not in any drunk state that I could possibly be in. So I guess we are safe then. I really can't imagine not hanging with them. I had to go a long time without being in contact with many of my homeboys because my man wasn't comfortable with it but now that I am "Single Again" (Trina voice)  I can get back to the basics of rolling with whom I want. As a matter of fact one of my home boys friends said he was tripping one day because my boy and I are so much a like. I just connect with them. So the moral of the story is.... there can be friendship with the opposite sex. There may be attraction but there is that even in same sex friendships sometimes so there shouldn't be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Ayee I dig the insight and I totally agree. But it's sad that a relationship can mess that up due to jealousy. I have been there, grew up wit dudes and were close but a relationship caused the bond to fade.

    ReplyDelete