Monday, May 31, 2010

Unity just might work

I have been talking a lot to many different females lately. I find that especially in a small town women tend to not really unite the way that we can or maybe even should. Now I am not really one to talk since I have WAY more male friends than female ones but whenever I associate with a female I want to uplift them. I want them to be happy and I would Never even talk to a dude that they fool with in any way because that just isn't cool. But I've noticed that not many women really care like that. Not only that they tend to intentionally harm one another or try to break each other down in order to gain attention from a man.
 Now I try to play the background in huge social situations and just associate with a few people because I am not into the showiness of it all. I like to interact with people I know but I guess it is more the intention behind the interactions that is the problem. It saddens me to see women get loud, walk around constantly and cut one another down just for men to notice them or somehow improve their own self image or worth. Then they talk about each other when they find out they are messing around with the same man as if somehow it is the woman's fault. Even if she is a ho there is probably no telling what he is saying to her as well as you. AND if we stay with him why even get angry at all? I have towed that line and knowing that it is not anyone Else's fault but my own for selling myself short stopped me from even feeling animosity towards a chick. I have seen so many times women loosing self worth over a man, refusing to talk to other females on assumptions of what she is doing or saying rather than what they know about her. When we do that we miss out. That is not to say that we should pull up a chair and have dinner with a chick our man has been with or that has betrayed us but that we unite. Agree to disagree if you will and see that we sometimes make the bed that we lie in and there is no problem with understanding that we need one another. We need to be able to share one-another experiences, thoughts and love. Knowing that God gives us all the ability to impart treasures upon others. I love so many different people for so many different reasons, they add to me in ways that I may never be able to explain but they do so richly that I know that the gift is priceless. so ladies lets move forward in a unity that states that we don't have to even like one another but if we share a love for our worth then we can remove much of the hurt that we allow ourselves to experience just by uniting.


Phenomenal Woman excerpt- this is what we are!!......
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

1 comment: